- The future is here – Polysomnography in HD – our most powerful and flexible sleep diagnostic system.The SOMNO HD™ is a new generation of PSG with 55 channels (10 internal, 28 external, 17 EXG via the headbox) which can be upgraded to 70 channels, they are recorded at a resolution of up to 4 kHz per channel.
- Excellent signal quality goes without saying. The SOMNO HD™offers the maximum flexibility in sleep diagnostics in a stationary setting. Whether according to the AASM standard or configurations for specific studies, it is always you who decides what you would like to measure and with which configuration you would like to start.
- With intelligent connect, the new montage free sensor recognition, you can connect any sensor to any slot and also change it during the measurement.
- Thanks to the built-in data transmitter, the SOMNO HD™ plus always works wirelessly – allowing the full mobility of the patient – making the process of a PSG more comfortable for the patient. Not only is data transmission wireless but our sensors are too – we have an industry first wireless PLM sensors.
- In addition we have a full suit of stationary video options as well as other sensors and headboxes that will exceed your expectations.
- SOMNOmedics uses an innovative patented algorithm to measure blood pressure via the Pulse Transit Time (PTT). The PTT is the time required for the pulse wave to propagate along the vessel wall between two defined points.
- In the case of the SOMNOtouch™ RESP – From the left ventricle of the heart (defined by the ´R´peak of the ECG) – to the detection of the pulse wave at the finger tip (detected by the plethysmograph).
- Taking a one point calibration at the beginning of the sleep study allows us to `set` the software‘s algorithm – and measure blood pressure continuously throughout the measurement. Because every single pulse wave is detected, a continuous “Beat-to-Beat”- recording and analysis is possible. Reduce artifacts and increase the number of reliable data points – all in a continuous, non-invasive and non-reactive way.
Compact Stationary PSG Device
- Polysomnography in HD – 17 Channel Headbox with 12 EEG/EOG, Ground, Reference, Continuous Impedance, 2 EMG
- OPTIONAL – 32 Channel Headbox with 25 EEG/EOG with continuous Impedance, 6 Differential, 1 ECG
- 2 PLM
- Pressure (Flow & Snore)
- Flow Thermistor
- Effort (Thorax / Abdomen)
- Intercostal EMG Efforts
- SpO2, Pulse rate
- Body position
- Movement (Sleep / Wake Determination)
- CPAP/BiPAP – Pressure
- Wireless data receiver
- The new Intelligent ConnectTMtechnology simplifies your day-to-day work in the sleep lab by automatically recognizing which sensor has been attached.
- This allows the plug-in slots for the sensors to be freely selectable and sensors can even be changed or added during the measurement. Faulty measurements, due to incorrectly attached sensors, are now a thing of the past. If a montage is selected on the PC before the sensors are attached to the patient, the device will show an optical signal that a sensor may be missing.
- Even without a pre-set montage, the sensor measurement can be started directly from the SOMNO HDTM– simply plug in the desired sensor and begin the measurement.
Unique Wireless Sensor Technology
The SOMNO HD is capable of accepting up to 6 wireless sensors – the first of these to be made available is the wireless PLM sensor package. More will follow in the future.
Why use a Wireless Sensor?
- outstanding signal quality
- time saving during application
- more freedom of movement for the patients
- reduction of consumables and running costs (cables and connectors)
Details of the optional wireless PLM Sensors
- Guaranteed measurement time of 10 hours
- Continuous recording of the electrode impedance
- Sampling rate adjustable between 64-512 Hz
- Synchrony ≤ 60 ms
- Automatic activation and start of the measurement by applying the sensor to legs and/or arms
- Easy application with disposable electrodes (Ag/AgCl)
- No additional costs due to environmentally friendly and rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
Docking station for simplified handling
- The docking station is used to charge the SOMNO HD Li-Ion battery and to install regular, free of charge firmware updates. This means your SOMNO HD is always up to date.
- A virtual docking station also appears on your PC and shows the actual status of the device.
- In addition to the telemetric data transfer in real time, the measurement data is stored on an internal memory card and can be transferred to a PC via the docking station at the end of the diagnosis. This system insures no measurements are ever lost.
The Camera with integrated data receiver includes:
- LAN-Infrared video Camera
- Integrated IR illumination
- Integrated microphone and speaker
- Integrated BT-receiver
- Incl. wall / ceiling mount
- Incl. video recording software
- H.264 Video-Stream
- Resolution: 1280 x 960 pixels
- Weight 688 g
- Dimensions 157 x 127 x 125 mm
- Power DC 5 V, 2 A, max. 10 W
In the software the following can be achieved:
- Synchronous play to physiological data.
- Selectable speed (step-wise between 0.25 and 100x) with loop option.
Data analysis and report
- Automatic analysis of all standard signals according to latest AASM standards
- Semi-automatic sleep staging with self-learning, userspecified thresholds for each patient: fast & accurate analysis – 80% time saving, validated
- Automatic analysis of cortical & autonomous arousal
- Sleep fragmentation based on cortical arousal, pleth and PTT changes
- FFT module: EEG data analysis amplitude, spectral & frequency mapping
- Correlation of respiratory events with desaturations, changes in heart rate and arousals
- Automatic detection of Cheyne Stokes, arousals based on pleth analysis
- Continuous noninvasive Blood Pressure based on PTT, patentend and validated
- Snoring topography for localization of snoring source
- Intercostal EMG (IC EMG): breathing effort analysis for best detection of central apneas
- Flow Limitation – obstruction level analysis
- Automatic detection of RERA events
- Flow detection during PAP therapy based on miniaturized pneumotachograph
- Adult and pediatric analysis
- Graphic based montage editor
- Unlimited Customized reports and Form
- Sidestream Capnometer
- Transcutanious CO2
- Pneumotachograph for flow determination under PAP therapy
- Intercostal EMG for for better differentiation between central and obstructive sleep apnea
- High frequency analysis of snore
Cuff-Less Continuous Blood Pressure Measurement (optional)
- Systolic / diastolic blood pressure (in mmHg), beat-to-beat, records all maxima / minima
- Recording of nocturnal blood pressure fluctuations *
- Recording of the rise in baseline blood pressure during REM *
- No annoying inflation of the cuff during the night, no disturbance of the patient
- Minimized deviation due to body position change (minimization of the hydrostatic effect)
- Suitable for all sizes, no different cuff sizes or cleaning necessary
- Correlation of blood pressure with sleep-related events
up to 60 external
Flow & snore, breathing effort (RIP), SpO2 , pulse rate, plethysmogram, body position, activity (3-axis), ambient light, patient marker
7 slots with up to 4 channels each, total 28 channels 17 EXG with PSG headbox, 32 EXG with EEG headbox
RIP efforts (thorax, abdomen), flow & snore (nasal cannula), CPAP pressure, thermistor, microphone, SpO2 , PLM sensors (l/r), PSG headbox
Combi electrode (2EEG/2EOG, ambient light), 1-channel ECG, 3-channel ECG, external activity 3-axial, analogue optocoupler, ear temperature, oesophageal pressure, high-sampling microphone, pneumotachograph, EDA, EEG 32 headbox for neurological applications
MUX-RIP, thermistor, 1 channel ECG wih body position, Spo2, PLM, external body position
|Data collection||Sampling rate: 4 kHz per channel / device, 1 kHz per channel / headbox, EXG channels with 24 Bit resolution, Low Noise Technology (EEG 0,2 µV effective, EMG 0,3 µV effective)|
|Data storage||Built-in bluetooth transmitter for wireless real-time data transfer & recording on PC, simultaneous storage on 1 GB Micro SD card|
|Data transfer||Docking station for charging and data transfer (2 MB/s, 50s/PSG), firmware updates and synchronisation|
|Pan/Zoom Camera||Integrated IR illumination & microphone, 18x optical zoom and auto- focusing, rotatable for different viewing angles, MPEG4 Video-Stream, resolution: 768×576 pixels|
|HD Camera||Integrated IR illumination & microphone, H.264 Video-Stream, display of second, digitally zoomable window during recordings, resolution: 2592×1944 pixels|
|App for Tablet PC or smart phone|
|Features||Connects wirelessly via Bluetooth, biocalibration and impedance check at the patient´s bedside, Android based|
|Display||Capacitive touch screen with gesture control high resolution, 480 x 320 Px|
|Size and weight||Device: 110 x 74 x 24 mm, 190g (incl. battery) headbox: 65 x 65 x 11,5 mm, 70g|
|Power supply||Li-Ion battery, rechargeable via docking station, charging duration approx. 1 h / PSG|
|Software & Support|
|Analysis software Service||DOMINO, 2 licences, regular software updates free of charge 24/7 service hotline, free of charge|
|Online||up to 14 h online|
|Offline||20 h offline|