Terms & Conditions
The main equipment is only provided on rent and the accessories like humidifier bottles, cannulas, filters, masks, etc have to be purchased by the customer.
Terms of Payment:
The customer has to deposit the security amount and the rent of a month in advance before acquiring the device for rent. Subsequently, the monthly rent has to be paid according to the monthly rental cycle and in advance.
If the cheque is not honoured (in case) a penalty charge of Rs. 500 with 24% interest will be charged for the period for which the rent is not received.
In the case of late payment of rent, a penalty charge of Rs.500 with 24% interest will be charged for the period for which the rent is not received. If the rent is not paid on time for the second time, Hitwin has the right to uninstall the unit back from the patient’s premises without prior intimation.
- The customer has to test the usage, comfort, and functionality of the healthcare device before renting it.
- A customer has to rent any medical unit as per the prescription of the Physician.
- The customer has to take complete responsibility for the rental device and ensure that it is maintained in good condition.
- The customer is liable for functional damage of the unit under their custody. In the case of functional failure due to customer’s negligence, the customer has to bear the service cost.
- In the case of physical damage due to negligence, the customer has to purchase the unit after adjusting the rental charges. In the case of unwillingness to buy the unit, the customer has to bear the cost of repair.
- Hitwin does not undertake any liability for the loss caused due to malfunction of the rental unit or its accessories.
- Any verbal commitment/communication by a Hitwin employee will not be legally binding as the company only abides by the terms and conditions mentioned in the invoice.
- Rent is non-refundable, even in the case of returning the unit before the agreement period.
- Disputes, if any, in regard to the settlement of claim, shall be subjected to jurisdiction of courts in Chennai.
- For Oxygen related equipment, customers are strictly advised to keep sufficient oxygen cylinders as standby in case of malfunction of the equipment. The same policy is applied for all life saving equipment.
- Warranty Disclaimer: The customer should acknowledge that the equipment here is provided on “as is” and “as available” basis only, without warranty of any kind. The company does not warrant that the systems or equipment will meet the requirements of any person and operate on an uninterrupted or error-free basis. The customer is solely responsible for any and all acts or omissions taken or made in reliance on the equipment and/or system or the information contained therein, including inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Limited Liability: In no event shall the company be liable or obligated to the customer in any manner for any special, non - compensatory, consequential, indirect, incidental, statutory or punitive damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost profits and lost revenue, loss of life, regardless of the form of action, whether contract, tort, negligence, strict product liability or otherwise, even if informed of or aware of the possibility of any such damages in advance. In no event shall the company have any liability under this agreement. the customer assumes all risk and liability for any loss, damage or injury, including death, to persons or property of the customer or others arising out of the use of the equipment.